Saturday's Gifts

There is a calm around me, though very close is chaos, unsettled energy and a sense of uncertainty.

This morning however, I am at peace.  The gifts started coming in bright and early.  Sunshine pouring in through my window, stroking my foot that escaped the covers.  The sound of nothing.  Quiet sounds so so good on weekend mornings.  I puttered around my beautiful quaint little living quarters (puttering around is my favorite weekend activity), doing nothing really.  But something was missing.  Coffee.  So I ran to Dunkin Donuts for a cup of coffee.  And that, was a gift that kept on giving.

It's the smell of coffee. It's the texture of coffee in my mouth, that warm, smooth milky creaminess gliding down my throat.  Ah coffee.  Tea is wonderful. Tea is nice, but it's just not the same.  Coffee is my addiction. Hot chocolate is a close second on really chilly days.  But coffee is my life's companion.  Coffee is so so good.  I don't want to live without it.

Next. I watch a lovely movie on The Movie Channel Xtra.  It appears that one of my future compromises is going to be going without cable.  That, makes me sad.  There is plenty on tv, no matter what people say. Especially when you have Fios, and tons of independent film channels with tons of films I would have never found at the video store or even Netflix.

Right now, I am watching a lovely movie called Two Family House.  It's turning out to be a great film, and I love when that happens.  Just randomly flipping through all these channels knowing that a thing of creative beauty's gonna turn up any moment.  It always does.  I will miss cable when the time comes, but for today, movies, movies, movies (Oh, and a couple of Housewives, Flipping Out and House Hunters marathons too!! HEE HEE!).

Surely, there are things to be done besides sipping on coffee and acting like I have the privilege of the leisurely life.  I should be completing tasks on my to-do-list.  Here's some of them:

  1. Folding clothes from laundry
  2. cleaning office 
  3. make present for friend's birthday (it will take a couple of hours)
  4. write introduction letters to get more schools
  5. floss
  6. mop
  7. minimize (its a never ending quest)
  8. Finding ways to rule the world (or my own little world at least)
However, I am watching movies, enjoying the peace, and sipping on Toasted Almond Dunkin Donuts Coffee instead.  I know I will get half of those things done before I need to leave later, and yes, flossing is on the list, but for right now, I am enjoying my Saturday morning gifts...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Wonders

More happiness thoughts

I Just Wanna Mop The Floor!!!