BIG 'OL SPIDER!!!

I don't make this stuff up!!!!

It's darned near 1am, Sunday night, Monday morning, whatever.  I was getting ready for bed, after being up way later than usual.  I move my pillow and right before my eyes appears the biggest spider I've seen since Brazil.  It was the size of a silver dollar.  It's leg span was like, as wide as a deck of cards, I think.  It was HUGE!  I froze.  I didn't know what to do.  It was too late to call on a man, in particular, the man who owns this house. There was no one but me.  I had to solve this problem of the humungous spider on my bed.

So I stared at it for a good 10 minutes, hoping it wouldn't run and hide. Then I would have to find it or else never be able to sleep.  I tiptoed to a large piece of wood I had and held it in my hands.  I was going to kind of trap it and spray it with the bug spray I use for my roach infestation  -   (I hear your shocked silence.  I actually don't have roaches, but my house IS overrun with Stink Bugs, those awful little beetles taking over the East Coast, yuck).

After 5 more minutes of thought, it didn't seem like a good idea to saturate my bed, the place where this asthmatic chic sleeps, with poison.  I needed another plan.  I was probably going to have to smash the thing.  If you know me, you know I don't believe in smashing the life out of things.  I just feel so bad for the little souls I just killed, I really cannot do it (except for mosquitoes.  I kill those demons with a quickness, with no guilt or anything but triumph. You should be thanking me for all the mosquitoes I have prevented from biting you).

So, staring at the spider, I knew I had to muster the strength, the courage, the gumption to smash the thing with this board.

I counted to 5 but I wasn't ready.  I counted to 7 (to give myself a little more time) but I was still too scared.  What if I missed and it jumped on me and bite my nose?  What if it was poisonous and then I would be paralyzed and no one would know I was in trouble for a day or two?  I could die! What if I missed and it runs and hides and I would try to find it but it hides really well.  Then, when I would be too tired to search any longer, I would fall asleep and the evil spider would come out and exact his revenge on me (though something tells me this spider was female).

I was scared.  But I counted to 5 once more, help my breath, and firmly placed the board on the spider that was on the bed.  I pressed down hard, but still not sure it was dead.  Have you ever thought you smashed a bug only to release the magazine or newspaper to see the bug escape and fly away?  I couldn't take that chance.

So, while holding down the board, I quickly and carefully took the fitted sheet off the bed and wrapped it around the board and ran, while squealing just a little bit, to the bathroom.  I threw everything in the bathtub.  After a minute or so of catching my breath due to all the excitement, I slowly removed the board, afraid that the spider would leap out at me any minute.  It didn't.  So, I ran the water and soaked the sheet, hoping it would try to escape so that I can spray it and wash it down the drain.  I saw nothing.

I started to worry that he/she escaped without my seeing it.  That would be bad.  How would I ever get to sleep if that happened?

I got a rod to poke at the sheet, hoping to coax it out.  Nothing.  Finally I used my hands to manipulate the sheet and eventually the ugly thing turned up, on its back or whatever that part of the body is, dead as can be.

I was so happy.  I ran the water till it reached it and it floated down the stream of water and into the drain.  I covered the drain opening up just in case it wasn't dead and planned on returning to exact its revenge on me.

I was so happy and proud that I evicted this unwanted tenant all by myself.  Did I tell you that I loathe bugs?? I really really hate them.  If God is this dude who asks questions about my mistakes after death, I am telling you now, I am not answering anything till I get explanations as to the existence of certain bugs, like roaches, mosquitoes, gnats and stink bugs.  I get spiders, after all, they do eat mosquitoes, but they simply cannot live with me.

Now I AM off to bed, but fear that I will wake up often, fearing the spider's spirit has come to torture me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Wonders

More happiness thoughts

I Just Wanna Mop The Floor!!!