Rainy Day not-so-blue Blues

It's the coldest day of the season so far, and damp.  I know it gets colder in October, but I don't expect weather like this till after Halloween.  Seems like Halloween week is the first week of Autumn when you need on something heavier than just a sweater.  Today I needed a THICK sweater but didn't have one.  It's so difficult for me to embrace anything cold except ice cream.

The wet cold air rattled my bones and didn't make me happy.  So, since I insist on happy Mondays, I had no choice but to go get a cup of coffee.  A large cup of coffee.  Today's coffee was McDonald's.  They have GREAT coffee.  Now I shouldn't have coffee, the caffeine is bad you know, but more so, I cannot fathom coffee without tons of sugar or those flavored creamers that are oh so yummy.  And that's pretty awful.  I did manage to stop for a while.  And I really don't drink it now the way I used to.  But if my morning ain't right, I run to coffee.  It helps.  Sometimes its decaf, but yuck, that mess is kinda nasty.  So I indulge in a caffeinated warm drink about once or twice a week.  It's the absolute best I can do right now.

So, its a rainy cold day and I wanted to cozy up.  Days like these, I'd cozy up to a blanket, to a cup of coffee or cocoa, a sweet lover, to a book.  Any would make me happy.  So far,  I started the day with coffee, chatted over a warm chocolaty cup of cocoa,  napped on a fuzzy warm blanket, and am hoping for the other two to materialize before long.

Right now I am cozying up again to my blanket and the premier episode of Housewives of Atlanta.  I suppose I just lost a couple readers, but I love those Housewives shows, so don't judge me.

I have no idea what the point of this post is, just writing today because I said I would.  Perhaps tomorrow I will have something else, something more profound, something more funny or interesting to say....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Wonders

More happiness thoughts

I Just Wanna Mop The Floor!!!