In The Beginning

So that's a corny way to introduce myself, I know.  But today is the beginning of this blog, this recording of stuff that I'm thinking, feeling, experiencing, knowing.

I've had requests to start a blog.  But my fear/loothing/disdain of commitment wouldn't let me. What if people actually read it? What if, after loving the words I share they kept coming back, wanting more EVERY DAY??!!??  What if I don't get to writing stuff for days, weeks, months? You know how you can be! What if nothing's in my head? Ugh! The pressure is killing me already!  No blog for me!  Which is why I decided to start this thing.  To work through my commitment issues. In public sorta.  I must be insane...

Things to know ahead of time:
1.) I love ellipses'.  You know, those dot dot dots? ... Love em. Gonna use them a lot, no matter what they say.

You should not replace all normal punctuation with ellipses. You should not allow the sweet lure of ellipses to muddle your ability to write a complete sentence. To quote the book Grammar for Dummies, “Using ellipses in this way can get annoying really fast.” http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/ellipsis.aspx

2.) I am going to use "gonna" and "wanna" a whole lot.  It's two of my favorite words to write, especially in text. I don't quite know why. I say them out loud a lot too.

3.)  I like lists. I like lists as long as they are not to do lists, which never get done, much.  I'll be making random lists of things all the time probably.  Like this list.

4.)  I am now in love with God and his crew, but mostly just God/The Universe/whatever you wanna call him/it. I didn't always, but now I think God's cool.  I might talk about this love some.  But I promise not to insist you share this love, and I will also arrange for you not to be struck by lightning.  

5.) I don't know everything.  I have even been known to be way off, a time or two...

6.) I love love love chocolate, hot brownies with ice cream on top, sunny days, pretty things, smart people, evolving people, insightful people, beautiful people, cute little dogs that don't bark, and so many other things, more on that some other time...(i realize i don't need that ellipses, but I just love em!!!)

7.) Sometimes, out of the blue, I just cannot bother with capital letters at the beginning of a sentence. don't judge me when it happens.

8.)  I get bored easily, and might leave a post seemingly in the middle of it.  Don't get startled, I may return shortly to complete it.  Don't want to commit (see above) to doing anything I don't want to.  Case in point, I'm bored now.  I was going to list 10 things, but I want to do something else now, so, I'm out...





Comments

  1. That was sooo cool! Looking forward to yet another way to stay connected to you. Don't think I will ever get enough of my interesting/quirky/yummy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, I agree with Raydon - "... interesting/ quirky/yummy"! All good ways to describe you and your "... Beginning."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Alison and Tanya. Guess I'll need to continue now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Wonders

More happiness thoughts

I Just Wanna Mop The Floor!!!